From the Desk of Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACSThe addition of Morpheus8 and Facetite procedures to our practice has certainly been a game changer. Morpheus8 is a treatment that allows the radiofrequency energy to precisely penetrate the skin and target the level in which the collagen lies which promotes new collagen growth. Additionally, when appropriate the needles can target unwanted fat under the chin and in the jowl regions. Facetite is a minimally invasive probe that can go under the skin to melt fat and tighten skin. Both procedures can be done at the same time. We began offering the treatments in 2019, with a quick uptake and interest from our patients. Many were curious and some sought the treatment by name. Not long after we started performing the treatments, patients were returning for their 2nd and 3rd treatments with excitement about the changes they were beginning to see. Their skin was firmer, felt a little lifted and was overall smoother. Even though there was a little bit of downtime, they were willing to accept it for the results. When the pandemic hit, we obviously paused treatments for several months. Upon their return, patients that had already started the process resumed their treatment protocol; anxious to get to the final result.
How We Became the #1 Provider for Morpheus8 in the State of MarylandAs we all know the pandemic brought about a different way of living. No longer were we schlepping to our office’s day in and day out. We entered the ZOOM era, where we were forced to turn on our cameras and see each other face to face; worse yet see our own faces day in and day out. The imaginary person with smooth, taut skin that we thought we were didn’t show up for these meetings. Instead, we saw a few wrinkles here and sagging skin there; we were initially mortified. We then learned how to angle the camera and ensure we had proper lighting. Nonetheless our phones began to ring off the hook. Not only were patients interested in Morpheus8 and other skin tightening treatments, surgeries such as facelift, eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty suddenly had a marked uptick. Morpheus8 was like the old Faberge Organics commercial; “you tell two friends, and they tell two friends and so on and so on and so on”. There were three factors that rocketed our practice to the top regarding the number of Morpheus8 treatments we were performing:
- Great results leading to patients referring family and friends. Patients began to see improvement of their skin texture and tightening. They were getting compliments left and right from their family and friends. Unlike patients having surgery, they were happy to share their secret and refer their spouses, best friends, and family members for treatment.
- Great results leading patients to maintaining their results once a year. Excited about their results, patients always would want to know “How do I keep this up?”. We typically recommend every 1 to 2 years that a single treatment session be performed. Some want to have it done every 6 months because they enjoy the results. They also maintain their results with a proper home skin care regimen and lighter treatments such as HydrafacialMD, Aerolase Neo, Chemical Peels and Microneedling.
- Our treatment technique maximizes patient comfort. Once you arrive for your appointment you will immediately be escorted to your room where a topical anesthetic will be placed on the area to be treated. Allowing an hour for the product to work, we then clean your skin and make Pro-Nox available to those that might be anxious or have low pain tolerance. This has proven to be a winning combination allowing patients to complete the treatment in comfort.
Secret to Successful Morpheus Treatment
- Thorough and efficient treatment
- Comfortable patient
- Proper aftercare
- Use of appropriate skin care products to maintain the results